Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Falls Hotel


 I've been to Marlin, TX several times for work and have always been very curious about this old creepy hotel.  My coworker and I were in the area and decided to go inside.  We found some men working on the ceilings and a nice little boy running around.  The little boy showed us the main floor and took us to his grandmother who owned a beauty salon inside the building.  She told us some ghost stories (something about lights going on and off by themselves during a Quinceañera)  and told us it was okay to look around.  I wish I had worn closed toed shoes, a respirator mask, and a hard hat.  But who cares about puncture wounds on my feet, mesothelioma, or head injuries.   This is what we saw:



The Lobby (sorry it's blurry)

The Lobby (sorry it's blurry)

An old phone booth


The Ballroom

The Mail/Message Center.
It was most likely located behind the front desk in the lobby but we found it on the second floor.

Close up of the Mail/Message Center.  Some of the room numbers are still attached.


Room 309.

I can't remember which room this is.

Original Furniture.

Room 305 with an original door knob.

The original climate control system.

A leftover Eureka vacuum. 

The trash and linen chute.



The elevators-3rd Floor.


Original carpet.

I wanted to take this home with me.

More original carpet.


Ok, so this doesn't look like anything but it's an EMS radio communication system that's on the 9th floor.  The Falls Hotel is the tallest building in Falls County so they put it up there for the best reception.



Hotel Falls, Buie Clinic and Marlin Sanitarium Bath House Old Postcard
This is how it looked in its heyday.

 Check out this paranormal investigation that was done at the hotel.