Monday, October 31, 2011

Haunted Houses in Austin: The Neill-Cochran House




The Neill-Cochran House, located on San Gabriel Street in the University of Texas' West Campus neighborhood, is a really creepy place.  I used to live right near it when I was at UT but never really noticed it.  They say Colonel Neill on horseback has been seen in the courtyard and Robert E. Lee has been seen on the front porch and second floor balcony.

When I was taking pictures of this place, I smelled this really sweet rose scent by the courtyard.  It was very strange.  There were no flowers or anything that I could see, and it was very strong.  If you've ever been to West Campus, you know the whole neighborhood pretty much smells like a dumpster.  So yeah, it was weird.




Colonel Andrew Neill

The Central Texas Paranormal Conference completed a paranormal investigation here last week.  I wonder what they found...